After 2 months of lockdown and not being able to provide a service I’m pleased to say that Pile Up Cleaning Ltd is once again open for business. However some things have changed so please let me explain how.
I want you to have the best and safest experience with the least amount of inconvenience possible. The following are some guidelines in how you can help me carry out best practices to carry out the cleaning of your carpets or upholstery.
Firstly, there are several cleaning companies claiming to be able to kill the Coronavirus COVID-19. This is serious misinformation. COVID-19 is an enveloped virus, and at present there are NO KNOWN products certified to break that envelope. Pile Up Cleaning Ltd will not make any such guarantees that cannot be backed up scientifically. Regardless of what chemicals may be able to destroy the Coronavirus, there are no current products that will kill the new strain, COVID-19, that have legal backing. Scientific tests on COVID-19 are no doubt underway but are in the early stages of testing.
The overriding factor with any job undertaken will be to preserve the health of you, my customers, the wider population, my family and I. The key is to be able to maintain social distancing to prevent the virus from spreading across the population. Therefore, even if a job involves cleaning empty premises (Eg. End of tenancy cleaning) as a professional cleaning company, Pile Up Cleaning Ltd will ensure maintaining the correct hygiene practices to the highest standard, regularly disinfecting equipment and wearing personal protective equipment.
This will reduce the likelihood of spreading the virus based on official guidelines provided by GOV.UK and the NHS. Technical cleaning advice issued by the British Institute of Cleaning Science via the NCCA will also be adhered to.
REQUESTS FOR SERVICE
Before any request for service I will consider the following issues:
|Is the location to be cleaned in a healthcare setting?
If yes, this would involve at risk groups being exposed to unnecessary risk and may still not be taken on at this time.
|Is the customer or anyone present at the time of cleaning over 70 years old?
If yes this would involve at risk groups being exposed to unnecessary risk and will only be taken on if social distancing can be maintained (at minimum, separate rooms).
|Do the customer or anyone present at the time of cleaning have underlying health conditions?
If yes this would involve at risk groups being exposed to unnecessary outside influences and will only be taken on if social distancing can be maintained (at minimum, separate rooms).
|Has anyone in the household displayed symptoms of COVID19?
If yes, the isolation period must have expired and then cleaning will only be taken on if social distancing can be maintained (at minimum, separate rooms).
|Can the premises being cleaned be vacant at the time of cleaning or can social distancing be maintained?
If yes, cleaning can continue.
|Can payment be made online, immediately and electronic invoicing be used?
This will be preferred in order to 1. Limit physical contact with customer 3. Ensure future cashflow problems can be alleviated 4. Avoid requirement to attend bank unnecessarily to pay in cash/cheques
GENERAL OPERATING CONDITIONS
- Only essential travel will be undertaken by Pile Up Cleaning Ltd.
- Previous policy involving pre-visiting all requests for service to carry out a ‘quotation’ will no longer be undertaken at the present time. This will enable all customer/premises contact to be halved. On the date of the job the price will be confirmed based on examination and if agreed the cleaning will commence. During the pre‐cleaning inspection, please tell me about any cleaning concerns that you may have, particularly those regarding spots or stains. I am trained in specialised spotting procedures and can evaluate soils and make appropriate recommendations.
- Only one job per day will be considered thereby minimising and risk of cross-customer contamination and enabling daily sanitisation of clothing and equipment.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn, as necessary. This will include disposable gloves, mask, and overshoes as a minimum.
- All disposable PPE will be double-bagged and disposed of after 72 hours storage.
- Clothing worn will be the same and washed at the end of each day.
- Van refuelling will involve wearing gloves and payment at pump to negate cross-contamination and maintain social distancing.
- All payments MUST be made on-line prior to or on immediate completion of the job and no cheques or cash will be handled.
- Any room that requires my cleaning services will need to be free from personal items such as children’s toys, breakables, collectables small tables and chairs. If large items are to be moved for cleaning underneath, they should be free of any breakables, lamps etc.
- I will assume the environment has been free from any possible coronavirus infection and if this is the case, I will proceed to vacuum the area using an upright with HEPA filters to reduce the opportunity of redistributing particulate.
- If it is convenient for you, I would appreciate being able to park my van close to the door in your driveway or parking immediately outside if possible. This will help me with the amount of equipment required to bring into your home for the cleaning operation.
- If a child is going to be present in the home during the cleaning, I will require an adult of 18 plus to be present during the cleaning operation.
- I would appreciate if you could take steps to secure floor length curtains on the windowsill or curtain tracks using coat hangers prior to my arrival. This procedure prevents the fabric from directly contacting damp carpets during cleaning procedures.
- Water is required for the machine so I will need access (usually) to the kitchen sink. As I am still working to the government guidelines it will always be necessary to remain two metres apart. If this is the room you would normally isolate to then it is suggested that another room be chosen to enable everyone to comply with the guidelines.
- I would ask that anyone staying in the property will remain in a separate room to where I am cleaning to ensure we all continue with our social distancing.
- I will wipe all touchpoints with a sanitiser. All carpets and furnishings will be post-treated with a sanitiser which has been approved to European standard EN14476:2013 + A2:2019 killing up to 99.9999% of microbes and coronaviruses including SARS – COV2 which causes the COVID 19 illness however please refer to my earlier comments regarding COVID 19 specifically.
- Hopefully, you will understand that I may turn down the offer of tea/coffee etc.
- It is important that all people and pets are kept away from the areas being cleaned and treated both during the cleaning process and during the drying process. If someone in your home is feeling ill, we encourage you to contact me and re-schedule the cleaning for a later date.
Thanks you for your patience.