To request a quotation, leave some feedback or ask a question please go to the ‘Contact Me’ page within the Menu
Why you should have your carpets cleaned
According to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC), the world leading authority on carpets and upholstery, a family with children ideally needs to clean their carpets a minimum of twice a year! And a family with pets will need to clean their carpets 4 – 6 times a year!
This is not just so that the carpet looks good and performs well but it will also help improve the indoor air quality of the home. The chart on this page was compiled with the help of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Carpets act like filters in the home but they must be cleaned and maintained regularly so they can perform well for you and your family!
FOUR STEPS TO A CLEAN, FRESH, HEALTHY CARPET
If you’re thinking of having your carpets cleaned, I suggest you follow these four steps:
1. Make a commitment to yourself to get your carpets cleaned. The longer they remain dirty, the
sooner they’ll wear out. Plus the longer you have to breathe in all the pollens, fungus and chemicals that hide in
2. List your objectives. Do you want only the dirt removed, or do you want all the bacteria, fungus,
chemicals and dust mites removed, which will require a powerful hot water extraction cleaner, as I use. Do
you want to work with an honest, reputable company – or are you willing to risk working with the company that
offers you the lowest price – knowing that the company might not be in business tomorrow.
3. Ask questions. The way you learn about a company is to ask specific questions and listen carefully
to the answers.
Here are 7 tough questions to ask a carpet cleaner before he begins to clean your carpet:
- What method of carpet cleaning do you recommend?
- What type of equipment do you use to clean carpet?
- What will your equipment remove from my carpet?
- How often should I get my carpets cleaned?
- What training have you had in cleaning carpets?
- Are you a member of the NCCA (National Carpet Cleaning Association)?
- Are you certified by the IICRC and can I see your certification?
4. Once you’re satisfied that you’re working with an honest, competent professional, invite him into
your home and ask for a specific quotation in writing. A written quotation gives you the assurance that you
know exactly what your job will cost – no surprises.
By following these four steps, you’ll gain all the information you need to make an informed, intelligent decision.
If you want a quick, cheap carpet cleaning job, many companies in the phone book will be able to help you, or
you could do the job yourself.
However if you want your carpet & upholstery to be completely and healthfully cleaned- removing the bacteria,
fungus, chemicals, pollens and tobacco products- then I invite you to call me at ‘Pile Up’.
I’ll be happy to answer your questions – provide you a cost estimate over the telephone – or come to your
home and give you a free written quotation – without obligation of any kind. To reach me, call either of the numbers at the head of each page.